Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Talk To The Hand

Hello again, well I'm back feeling a bit wet and windy so to beat these Autumn blues here's some British Power Pop from The Jags. Formed in Scarborough in 1978 they signed to Island Records in July of that year and released a four-track EP.
On September 8, a single "Back of My Hand" entered the UK singles chart. It had a chart life of 10 weeks and peaked at No.17. "Back of My Hand" was included on their debut LP Evening Standard, which was released the following year. Their follow-up single "Woman's World" entered the UK chart on February 2, 1980 at No.75 before dropping out the next week. Their success was brief and they disbanded in 1982 leaving us with this pretty good track that never gets played on the radio.


The Jags - Back Of My Hand




"I'VE GOT YOUR NUMBER WRITTEN ON THE BACK OF MY HAND"

ALL RECORDINGS ARE FOR YOUR AUDIO PLEASURE ONLY BUT IF YOUR ARE OFFENDED BY THE PUBLISHING OF THIS MATERIAL OR WANT TO REQUEST THE AUDIO SEGMENT REMOVED THEN PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT ON THE RELEVANT POST AND I WILL REMOVE IT.

No comments: