Sunday, September 03, 2006

Does This Bus Stop At Turnham Green ?



Maybe I might try to publish a post on all the artists born in Chiswick, West London. On the otherhand I'd maybe do better to just try and concentrate on today's featured artist the underrated Ian Gomm. Ian was born in Chiswick and worked at E.M.I before he became a full-time musician in 1970 when he joined cult pub rock group 'Brinsley Schwarz'


alongside another one of my hero's Nick Lowe, with whom he wrote the classic track 'Cruel To Be Kind'. Ian stayed with the band until they split he then moved to Wales and later signed for London's Albion Records. Other than appearing with the Brinsley's alongside David Essex in the film 'Stardust' , Ian has now recorded over 10 solo albums. I remember buying this single in 1978 and it was taken from his 'Summer Holiday' LP at that time.


Ian Gomm - 24 Hour Service

ALL RECORDINGS ARE FOR YOUR AUDIO PLEASURE ONLY BUT IF YOUR ARE OFFENDED BY THE PUBLISHING OF THIS MATERIAL OR WANT TO REQUEST THE AUDIO SEGMENT REMOVED THEN PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT ON THE RELEVANT POST AND I WILL REMOVE IT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, highly underrated artist! His 'big hit' Hold On has always been a fave of mine. I have a recording of one of his shows taped from a WBCN (Boston) broadcast that I've been meaning to digitize. This post has convinced me I really should do it ASAP! Thanks for the reminder!