Sunday, August 27, 2006

We've All Been To The Kursaal



The Kursaal Flyers were formed in Southend sometime during October 1973. They were offered early gigs in London by Doctor Feelgood at the Kensington pub.'Speedway' was their first single in June 1975 and appeared on their first LP 'Chocs Away. Their biggest hit was a single produced by Mike Batt - 'Little Does She Know' in Oct 1976 leading to Radio One airplay and an appearence on UK BBC chart show 'Top Of The Pops. Further success eluded the group and they disbanded in the Autumn of 1977. They later reunited in 1988 to perform the 'Former Tour De Force Is Forced To Tour' tour !

The Kursaal was a ballroom and amusement complex in Southend whilst the Kursaal Flyer was a mock steam train used as a carnival float.

The Kursaal Flyers - Speedway

My bike is getting rusty now, the one my fans admired. The track is getting dusty and my agent just got fired, and I don't think I can make it, cos I'm feeling kinda tired. And I'm feeling pretty shaky and my hands are getting sore, and I feel I'm nearly eighty though I'm only twenty-four, and I don't wanna ride the speedway, anymore.

ALL RECORDINGS ARE FOR YOUR AUDIO PLEASURE ONLY BUT IF YOUR ARE OFFENDED BY THE PUBLISHING OF THIS MATERIAL OR WANT TO REQUEST THE AUDIO SEGMENT REMOVED THEN PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT ON THE RELEVANT POST AND I WILL REMOVE IT

No comments: