Saturday, November 11, 2006

Remember The Rubber Bishops











Beautiful ladies in danger, danger all round the world,
I will protect them, because I am Chris de Burgh
Beautiful ladies in emergency situations
Beautiful ladies are lovely, but sometimes they don't take care,
They're too busy with their makeup, or combing their lovely hair
To take basic safety precautions

But I will protect them, I will save the pretty ones,
With their smiles and their sparkling eyes
But let the ugly ones die
I have no place for them, in my new world order
I won't waste my seed on hideous trolls.
Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill the trolls,
Hunt them down there shall be no clemency
Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill the trolls,
Look under the bridges - that's where they hide
(that's where they hide)
And beauty shall be my bride.




Ah ! Chris DeBurgh don't you just love him ? - well no, not really.
I never bought 'Lady In Red' and that's about the limit of my knowledge regarding his long career as a singer-songwriter. Bill Bailey Fact No. 1 - His Name is Mark. Anyway Bill Bailey does it all with much more panache. This track comes from the CD 'Bewilderness' that Bill recorded in Oct 2000 and tried very hard to sell copies at his gigs. For those of you not too familiar with Bill he is a stand-up comedian, actor and a fine musician. He has appeared in the TV series 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' & 'Black Books' and he premiered his wonderfully funny show 'Part Troll' at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 2003.
Bill Bailey Fact No. 2 - He starred in a double act called 'The Rubber Bishops' with Mark Stubbs.
Enjoy !


Bill Bailey - Beautiful Ladies


ALL RECORDINGS ARE FOR YOUR AUDIO PLEASURE ONLY BUT IF YOUR ARE OFFENDED BY THE PUBLISHING OF THIS MATERIAL OR WANT TO REQUEST THE AUDIO SEGMENT REMOVED THEN PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT ON THE RELEVANT POST AND I WILL REMOVE IT.

No comments: