Monday, November 20, 2006

Who Listens To The Radio



The Sports hit my musical radar approximately sometime around 1979. I'm sure it was on 'The Old Grey Whistle Test' but my memory is unclear on this point but this track impressed me enough to go out and purchase the LP. The band were from Melbourne, Australia and their 1979 LP with the same title as this track came out on Mushroom Records but was distributed in Europe by Stiff Records. The Sports were reasonably popular for awhile in New Wave circles but they broke up in 1981. Thinking about this era today I was also a big fan of another Aussie band, Cold Chisel at that time but have none of their albums tucked away in the NRE. I am indebted to 'The Twilight Zone' for recently posting The Sports LP and reminding me how much I enjoyed their music in the early 80's. I have also left a You Tube link - go watch and enjoy !


The Sports - Don't Throw Stones


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SueMADFjnF4


ALL RECORDINGS ARE FOR YOUR AUDIO PLEASURE ONLY BUT IF YOUR ARE OFFENDED BY THE PUBLISHING OF THIS MATERIAL OR WANT TO REQUEST THE AUDIO SEGMENT REMOVED THEN PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT ON THE RELEVANT POST AND I WILL REMOVE IT.

No comments: