Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The Barflys And Slack Granny Live !

At this time of the year everywhere you look there's a list. It's Christmas so everyone makes a wish list or an 'I want this list' (that's me actually). Just look inside any popular monthly music magazine, you will find categories. Album of the year, Re-Issue of the year, the best box set, number one artist (generally Bob Dylan) etc etc.
Was I the only one slightly disappointed in 'Modern Times' and thought the reviews were a little over the top - ( re-cycled old blues riffs and no credit given to the original sources, well maybe.....ok I definitely was).
Anyway I digress, my single of the year comes from The Young Knives five track EP ' Weekends And Bleak Days (Hot Summer). They are from Ashby De La Zouch and this track has a Syd Barrett feel and it feels good to sing along too.


ALL RECORDINGS ARE FOR YOUR AUDIO PLEASURE ONLY BUT IF YOUR ARE OFFENDED BY THE PUBLISHING OF THIS MATERIAL OR WANT TO REQUEST THE AUDIO SEGMENT REMOVED THEN PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT ON THE RELEVANT POST AND I WILL REMOVE IT.

No comments: