Saturday, January 06, 2007

Can I Help You, Mate ?

I'm not particularly noted as a film buff and I am always at least a year or maybe even two years behind everybody else in catching up with films on dvd etc. So yesterday I sat down on my own, closed the blinds and watched 90 mins of the best British thriller I have seen since 'Get Carter'. The film I watched was Shane Meadows 2004 film 'Dead Man's Shoes'. Now as this is a music not a film blog it gave me the chance to post the opening track to the movie which I thought was stunning. I was watching the beginning of the film and I was also trying to identify the song and it's singer. I had to wait for the end credits but it did confirm my initial thoughts that it was Bill Callahan (better known as Smog).
This track comes from his 2003 release 'Supper'. I most admit I do like Bill's work but find that there are a maximum of only one or two tracks per album that really ever standout for me and re-listening to 'Supper ' after watching the film I'm convinced that 'Vessel In Vain' is the best track by a mile and makes 'Dead Man's Shoes' that extra bit special.



Smog - Vessel In Vain



ALL RECORDINGS ARE FOR YOUR AUDIO PLEASURE ONLY BUT IF YOUR ARE OFFENDED BY THE PUBLISHING OF THIS MATERIAL OR WANT TO REQUEST THE AUDIO SEGMENT REMOVED THEN PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT ON THE RELEVANT POST AND I WILL REMOVE IT.

No comments: